Friday, August 24, 2012

The last few weeks..

have been soooo busy.  We have been busy around our house trying to get some projects started and some finished.  We have had birthday parties and friends come to visit.  We went back to our families in South Dakota and Nebraska for Drew's class reunion, which was a freaking blast btw.  You would never think it, but Pierre, SD brings out the 21 year old in me ; )  All in all the few weeks of summer have been a lot of fun.  I am trying to tackle the organization side of things around the house.  There has been a lot of this going on:



Sadly that isn't even half of the products I had to go through.  When we decided to put in new floors in our bathroom I emptied everything from the bathroom closet and off of the counters to the corner of our bedroom.  We do have a generously sized bedroom but Drew was getting sick of looking at it and so was I.  He would walk by and wave his hand over it and look at me.  Translation:  pick up your shit and ps you have too much of it.   It was kind of like when you were a kid and your mom said I am going to throw this away if you don't pick it up.  I think he was one step above that.



I've never given away ANY of Alaire's clothes.  Ridiculous.  So, the fun has begun.  It is pretty fun to look through everything but some of it has to go and I am just keeping the stuff I think will last or is classic for baby and kids.  Of course I will keep things that I am attached to but currently my storage room is full to the ceiling with her baby clothes.

One of my best friends in the whole world, Kedrin, came to visit last week.  We made a list of things we wanted to do when she was here.  Let's see what we got done.  We went thrifting and drank a lot of wine in sweat pants.  One day we got up and got ready and went shopping all day and when we got back she said I can't believe I am not wearing any elastic at all today.  Cheers to that.  Kedrin also works from home most of the time.  She has her own business, which you should check out. Everything is handmade and beautiful.

Here is one of my craigslist findings that I am currently in the process of painting.  I am not going to lie.  This thing is a Thomasville and it was build to last.  It is sooo heavy.  I brought it into the house, and now I wish I would have left it outiside to spray instead of hand paint.  Oh well It is about 75 percent done so lesson learned.

I still have to find knobs that I love.  I bought some but I was rushing myself to buy them. 



Now, here is a blast from the past.  Magic Nursery Doll!!!! I found this for 6 doll hairs at Goodwill.  I thought it would be so fun to do with Alaire.  It was.  I'll post the pictures of the process another time.  Her reaction was priceless.




See that beaut?? Believe it.  I bought that horrific hand painted craft fail for 12 bills.  For the first time EVER I literally took it out of the car and painted it right away. It is going in my in home salon for storage.

Yup, that's right I am putting in a salon.  I have a huge blank laundry room where it is going.   I have been wanting to put something in my home for a while.  A few of my friends have done it and they say "you won't look back"  We actually have all of the plumbing and most of the equipment in.  I just have to patch all of the holes from things I removed from the walls and then paint.  My goal is finish all of the painting by Labor Day.  

Alaire of course doesn't care about the paint.  She loves it.  She wants her hair washed and BLOWN OUT.  I think I ruined her today with her first blow out.  She even requested hat we listed to ballet music while she gets her hair done.  She also HAD to wear a cape.  Sweet girl, I am so sorry to your future spouse because there is a chance that you will be high maintenance 




Maybe one day she will learn to do a blow dry and return the favor.  Even Drew came home from work and said what did you do to Alaire's hair today?  It looks really good.  

We seriously had the best day today.  I gave her a blow out and then we got out this My Little Pony play dough toy, which I also found brand new at a thrift store.  You put the play dough in it and it "grows" hair so that you can cut it.  SHE LOVED it.  The only problem is she can't reload the play dough and she cut that things hair off about 50 times before lunch.  My fingers hurt.  I put up a picture of this on instagram and said "Try to tell me that your job is more awesome than mine."  I love staying home with Alaire.  I never pictured myself to be a stay at home mom but now I can't picture doing anything else but playing hair cut pony, dance party, and her new favorite salon!

I cannot believe she is going to be starting preschool next week.  She is only going one day a week but I think she will be begging for more.  Alaire talks about school and her backpack and her lunch bag all day long.  The funniest thing she has said about it so far is, "I am going to teach my teacher how to be a  ballerina."  You go girl!  
I hope everyone has a great weekend.  We are going to the neighbors tonight for a party and then tomorrow we have a birthday party for one of Alaire's friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment