Friday, June 29, 2012

Father's Day

So... belated doesn't even begin to cover it, but I hope everyone had a great Father's Day.  We had an awesome day, which included everyone taking a nap in the afternoon.  Sweet right?  

Drew likes politics and history, and NEVER asks for anything. 

Alaire and I found these bronze book ends of Abraham Lincoln at Goodwill.  $2 a pop.
I thought we could use them for both function and a little bit of fun decor.
We spray painted them Antique White and wrapped them up for a Father's Day gift.


This is another gift that Alaire made Drew.  We turned her beautiful artwork into a plate for him.

I love that Alaire is at the age where she gets excited to pick out and give gifts for others.  She often hands me items in the store that she thinks I need or shirts in my favorite hue.  It's sweet and makes me feel super loved!  
She said we needed to get Drew balloons and candy, which we did do, but Alaire gave him the balloons and took the Sour Patch Kids candy weight and ate it.  
The Happy Father
(Alaire is behind him trying to steal the Reisens candy bars that she got him.  
She might get it from her mama!)

The Lincolns now reside on Drew's bedside table, which is what I had in mind for them.  He reads a lot of books.  A lot of books at the same time that is and I find them EVERYWHERE.  

Now his books have a home. 
Kind of creepy.



Drew had a softball game that night so we did a little of this:
KIDS
 LOVE
BLEACHERS

They are so cute

And then there is our attempt... it has much to be desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment