Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting Back to Normal


When I was pregnant with Alaire I didn't work for most of it, so I got to sleep a lot.  Many days I would wake up at 11 and try to get dressed before Drew got home for lunch.  I am not going to even try to downplay that.  It ruled.  I envy my old self : )

Flash forward: I anticipated being wiped out again, but you just forget how tired pregnancy makes you.  It's crazy.  I felt like I had the flu and kept thinking "No one require me to get off the couch again.  EVER"

 I found out I was pregnant in the middle of November.  I felt normal and energetic the whole two weeks we were out of town.
But literally, the day we got into the car to drive the eight hours home, the nausea hit me. 
 Maybe it wasn't the baby and it was me thinking about all of the laundry I had to do, and all of the food I had to clean out of my back seat.  


It took me almost six weeks to feel somewhat normal again.  I am not complaining.  I know some people are puking their guts out for nine months.  The good part of it was that I wasn't sick in the morning.  It started right before lunch and I was sick until I went to bed.  That would be the bad part I guess.

Either way it is not easy being sick for a month with a three year old running around.  Poor Alaire, she ran this house  ALL. DAY. LONG.  She watched a sh!tload of TV.  She watched so much she didn't even want to watch it anymore. 



She made lots of surprises for Daddy.  Some of them surprised me too.


The dog food tornado was probably my favorite. 
(That would be where you take a full bag of dog food, open it and then spin around in circles, throwing it to every corner of the house.  This trick is best used right after your mom cleans the floors while running to the bathroom every five minutes to dry heave.)

I am laughing looking at these pictures but I just couldn't catch a break for a little bit there.  Kids totally sense you when you are weak and they take advantage.  


We survived though.  Everything is feeling like it is getting back to normal.  Drew has clean laundry for work and I unpacked my suitcase and put it away.  I am back to working on and planning new projects.  



We have a lot to do before the baby comes, which is scheduled for July 19th, if he or she doesn't come sooner.  

Alaire is so excited to be a big sister.  Anyone who walks into our home immediately gets told that I have a baby in my belly.  A few people have almost got to  HAD TO see me topless because she has tried to lift my shirt up so fast.  (apologies for that) 

We have finally convinced her that it could be a brother.  She has said from day one that she ONLY wants one and only a sister.  Well I came through on the first half, but I can't guarantee anything.  

Drew thinks it is a boy.  I keep picturing a boy nursery, but I don't have a "feeling" yet. 

 I do love when people guess, so tell me what you think it is!!!  

THANK YOU so much for all of your kind words and congratulations.  It means a lot to us.  Were really excited.  I can't believe how fast it is going already.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  We have a couple of things planned.  Okay swimming lessons...lol.  Scratch that were losers, and will be watching Homeland on Netflix. : )

PS  Yes, we are finding out the sex of the baby.  Probably in early March.

PPS  Is it me, or are there A LOT of people having babies this summer? 



No comments:

Post a Comment