Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekender Bag and New Supplies

I made the Weekender Bag by Amy Butler last week.  

I love the bag, but sewing it was a bear.  I felt like I was wrestling it under the machine half of the time.  


I didn't think it would actually be big enough to literally use as a travel bag for an entire weekend.


It actually fits a three year old comfortably.  

This is what I get when I ask for a smile and to look at the camera.

I have a few other projects that I am excited to start.

 I bought this for an upholstered bench for our bedroom.

 The top three are cotton prints for summer clothes for Alaire.  The yellow polka dot is swim suit material.  The bright solid yellow is stretch twill for jeans.  The blue and white is sheer and I haven't decided what I am doing with it yet.  Something for me or Alaire or both.

I am using these towels to make a bath/beach/swim lesson robe.

These rugs and linens are for my kitchen.  I am giving it a makeover soon.  I am really pumped for that.  I have a backsplash bought I just need to find the right paint shade and get the motivation to take that on!


1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! I love how you have the talent to make everything around you PRETTY! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete