Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day

I've noticed as your kids get into preschool/school and participate in other activities that little holidays like Valentines Day turn into week long events.  
I swear she got more candy at dance class than for Halloween.  We went out for donuts after dance on Tuesday.

Of all of the cookies, cupcakes, and donuts decorated for Valentines Day, Alaire picked a powdered sugar donut hole.  She ate the whole things without hands, as you do.

Tuesday night we decided to go to a local high school basketball game.  Alaire ate all of her Valentine candy and had a blast.  She brought Julip (the monkey) and tweety (that pink bird in a butterfly cage).



We made our own Valentines for her Wednesday preschool class, but kept them super simple.  Printed card stock with a ring pop on the back.

Her teachers got zebra carmel corn. (SOOO GOOD)

Preschool had a pajama party.  I fixed Alaire's hair into a heart and made her a little knit dress/pajamas to wear.

Grandma Deb and Grandpa Jim sent a big box of stickers, coloring books, candy, and frosting to make graham cracker creations.  I walked away for literally a minute and this happened...
She literally washed her arms with frosting like a surgeon going in for brain surgery.



We ended the night with dad telling her "spooky stories."  
She is obsessed with taking flashlights to bed right now.

On Valentines Day we really didn't do much.  We cut a bunch of paper hearts.  Alaire cut these all by herself.  Can you tell she has been exposed to scissors her whole life?

I found this yesterday.  Last year Alaire made me a heart out of a paperclip.  I think I'll keep it for forever.  The picture is me of course.  

I hope you all had a great Valentines Day with people you love or doing something you love.  

Have a great weekend!! If I get ambitious I might show you some photos of what were doing this weekend.  I'll give you a hint.  Ripping out carpet.  Laying wood floors : )

No comments:

Post a Comment