Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Punch Salad

Before moving to Missouri, I lived in Minneapolis.  My favorite take out place for lunch when I was in school was Punch Pizza.  (ahh I miss it!)  They have wood fired pizza and a great salad.  I make it at home now, because I love it so much.  I have Drew hooked on it too!  I put way more on mine than Punch does, but it is similar.  This is perfect for lunch or to have as a side when grilling.

 I keep most of these ingredients on hand, but if you don't, use what you have!  It is super easy and simple.

Here is the recipe:

  • mixed greens
  • prosciutto ham (I get this from the Italian butcher and I rip it up)
  • strawberries
  • avocados
  • pine nuts
  • blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles
  • olive oil/ balsamic vinaigrette 

I put the mixed greens in a tupperware and shake the dressing on and then add the toppings.

If you are in the mood for a sweeter dressing, put equal parts of the the oil and vinegar in a magic bullet or blender and throw a handful of strawberries in and blend it.

That's it!  Super easy and super good!

 Hope you are having a great weekend!  Were celebrating a belated Fathers' Day because we just didn't really get the chance on the real day.

No comments:

Post a Comment