Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sewing For Baby: Car Seat Swaddler and Arm Saver

I have made a lot of handmade goods for baby Stella.  (Does anyone else call their babies "Baby ____"?, because it's a thing around these parts.)
Here is one of my favorite things I've made for her.  I know I am going to love it more as the temperature drops too.
Introducing: Car Seat Swaddler.  I didn't invent it, but I did make it and I do love it.  
(FYI: You are taking your own risks using this or any other car seat cover which is placed between the car seat and your child post manufacturing.)

A friend gave me her old "Car Seat Arm Saver" so I recovered it to match.



When I photographed this I didn't have Stella yet, so we used "Baby Cuckoo"






Obviously you would only put the top flap down to run to the car or into a store.


There it is all swaddled up.  It has been awesome.  The best part is that you don't have to adjust any seat belts to use it.  You just lay it in the car seat and pull the buckles through.

 This is what it looks like laid out on the floor incase you wanted to make one.  I have a tutorial to make your own arm saver, but I'll be back with that another time.
Have a great day and thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. oohhhh... i really like this car seat cover! What tutorial did you use? (I speak like I actually have time to do this..) :)

    ReplyDelete