Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stella Magdalena Palmer

It's been two months.

I haven't called.

I haven't wrote.

I've been busy.

All good things, of course.
 Our second sweet baby girl, Stella Magdalena Palmer, was born on July 19th.
 She was 7lbs and 19 3/4 inches long.
 She has dark hair.  Little fuzzy curls, just like her sister.
 We all are madly in love with her.  She is a great sleeper. (7 hours the first night home.)

She only cries when she is hungry.  She loves to be held, which I don't mind. 


Alaire has welcomed the change.  She loves her sister.  She loves telling everyone about her sister.  She loves tickling her sisters feet.
 She has already taken her first ten hour road trip.  She was a champ.  We stopped to feed her twice.
 I don't know what I did to have such great babies.
 They each have melted my heart.
When I see them together I am reminded of how truly lucky I am.
I have enjoyed almost every moment possible as our new family of four.
They really do grow up so fast.
Constantly changing and discovering new things.
 I love each tiny little milestone along the way.  
 Becoming a mother for the second time was just as amazing as the first time.  
Maybe even more amazing.  I love seeing Alaire's excitement and love for "Baby Stella" too.  
Our new family is just as I pictured it to be.  Each day is a growing and learning experience.  I am constantly being tested and pushed to give more of myself, which means letting go of some things too. 
I love where we are at right now and I am trying to take it all in: the newborn smell, the tiny cries, the almost 4 year old fits, the sister talk, the chaos, independent preschoolers, the doll sized clothing and a lot more time hanging out on the couch.  This chapter of life will be over before I know it.  As easy as it is to wish the time away to easier days, I am trying to love the moments that are happening now.  It really isn't too hard to do with the company I keep.

Thanks for reading.  I will be back with lots of fun things to share.  I have been doing a lot of projects this summer too, but I had to share my biggest summer project first (Stella of course).

(These photos are of Stella when she was five days old.  They were done in the hospital room by Bella Baby Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment