Monday, September 23, 2013

Alaire's Room: Chevron Quilt

After I ordered all of the fabric for Stella's nursery, I realized that I still hadn't finished (or started) all of the things I had planned for Alaire's Room.  I already had most of the supplies, so I decided to make her a quilt for her bed.  I didn't have a ton of yardage of the prints for her room, so I went with a chevron pattern with a solid white and gray background. 

Making quilts is VERY time consuming.  I had to work on this every spare moment or I knew I would never go back to it after I took a break.  


I love the way it turned out and so does Alaire.  She sleeps with it every night.  It is the perfect size to borrow to sit on the couch with too!  (I might need one for myself)


And tell me you rolled yourself up in a blanket cocoon as a child.  
I taught Alaire how to do that and it was a hit.


And here is the finished quilt. 

Thanks for reading.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment