- (we) hung crown moulding in Alaire's bathroom
- put hooks up in Alaire's bathroom
- (we) hung crown moulding in our living room
- painted the half bathroom on our main floor
- laid new floors in the master bathroom
- built a craft/tea party/mini dining room table for Alaire
- built a craft table for myself (totally in love)
- began clearing out the old craft room (scary scary borderline hording pics)
- cleaned out the junk drawer (ridiculous what was in there)
|Junk Drawer (1ftx2ft)|
- million keys to nothing
- liners for french fry holders (I know.. don't ask)
- 2 tap lights
- gorrila glue and super glue
- two kinds of tape
- 3 decks of cards
- dog prescription
- photo magnets from high school
- sewing kit
- hand sanitizer,
- tools galore (which included about 8 allen wrenches)
- and a bunch of other junk including a pez lamb from the easter bunny
I plan to take a picture every week of the garden we planted. It's crazy how fast everything grows!
I planted them on Memorial Day.
Here is the vegetable box the day I planted:
Here is the vegetable box a week later (last Monday)
|The zucchini on the far left sprouted and so did the broccoli in the middle.|
|Green pepper with a bloom!!|
On to my favorite part of the weekend...
QUICK Almond Butter cookies.
I am "sensitive"/allergic to all grains. Yes, all of them. Corn, wheat, rice, barley, oats, and any other one I forgot. No, I am not kidding, no it isn't awesome, and please don't ask me why I don't weigh 100 lbs. (obviously because i find things I can still eat like almond butter cookies)
You can make these with peanut butter too, but that's another thing I can't have : (
1 cup almond butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix them all together and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
BOOM fastest easiest cookies ever. They are good too!
I won't go so far as to say they are good for you, but they don't have butter or flour in them, so they are better than regular ones : )
We ended the weekend by playing outside in the water. This little thing just melts my heart. "Mommy take my picture driving my car"
She has been saying some wild things lately. It's super funny. I love asking her questions about Drew and I and what she thinks we do or say. We have been having the conversation about how Daddy has to work during the day and can't always be home like I can. Blah Blah Blah.. no one wants to hear that cold hard fact
Me: Well Alarie if Daddy doesn't go to work you and mommy can't stay home and play and go to the park and the zoo and see our friends
Me: Alaire Do you know what Daddy does when he goes to work?
Alaire: He goes to the baseball game.
Alaire: He hits the ball and runs
Me: Awesome I hope he plays professional baseball and just hasn't told me yet : )
When we put her to bed the other night she said "Mommy, Daddy's freaking out" and then died laughing. (He wasn't freaking out, nor had he freaked out) It's just so funny when she knows what to say to make us laugh..
Have a good week. I will be posting all of our updates throughout the week. The list is long. We've gotten a lot done, and have just as much to do!