Saturday, May 25, 2013

What I've Been Sewing: Junebug Dress


 Sometimes when Alaire is getting dressed or picking something out of her closet, she makes custom requests.  This is one of those.  The other day she said she needed a blue polka dot dress.  I told her she didn't have one.  She said I could make it for her.  
She thought I was going to do that before we left that morning. 
 I can whip one up fast, but not that fast!


This was a really quick sew.  The pattern is a free pattern and tutorial from one of my FAVORITE sewing blogs Craftiness is Not Optional.  It's called the Junebug.  
The fabric is quilting fabric from JoAnn and I can't remember where I got the buttons from but Alaire found them in my button stash and liked them.


I skipped the elastic in the arms because i like the way it looked when I was fitting it.  


I wanted Drew to take a picture of Alaire and I together.  We were on the way to a graduation party.  She was goofing around the whole time.  
Just a typical moment with a three year old. 
 Her jumping off of the stones and me trying to keep that dress from getting grass stained before we even leave the house.

Thanks for reading! I hope you are all having a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment